Monday marked two completed months with the National Priorities Project. Though these weeks haven’t produced much writing, they’ve been a whirlwind of learning:
- The joy of setting up a proper Windows dev environment using the above three items
- Piston, a tool for powering APIs through Django
- The Federal Budget process
- The Consolidated Federal Funds Report , a huge annual file of government expenditures.
- Various other indicators about the state of our union: gas emissions by state, average teacher salaries, people in poverty, insurance enrollments, etc.
- Finally, I’m NPP’s interim Twitterer, a fascinating distraction.
One day soon I’ll write a Dummies Guide to Setting up Python/Django/MySQL on Windows post. In the meantime, it’s great to be back in the hands-on tech saddle.